Chevron SRI Grease
Chevron SRI Grease NLGI 2 is recommended:
- for use in a wide range of automotive and industrial applications
- for use in antifriction bearings operating at high speeds (10,000 rpm and greater)
- where the operating temperatures are on the order of 150°C (302°F) and higher
- where there is a likelihood that water or salt water will get into the bearings
It performs satisfactorily in bearings at temperatures as low as -29°C (-20°F).
Applications where Chevron SRI Grease will outperform most other greases include:
- As a “Life Pack” lubricant by manufacturers of automotive generators, alternators, and starters to protect against the effects of moisture and road-splash (factory-filled for life ball bearings)
- Bearings on air-conditioning units in homes and other buildings
- Unsealed electric motor bearings operating under moist conditions
- Applications where silent operations are beneficial
Original Equipment Manufacturers that specifically recommend Chevron SRI Grease NLGI 2 are:
- Bearing manufacturers: NSK, NTN, FAG, NMB, and Koyo.
- Electric motor manufacturers: Reliance Electric Company, U.S. Motors Division of Emerson Electric Company, Toshiba International, and Lincoln Motors.
Chevron SRI Grease NLGI 2 is certified by NSF and is acceptable as a lubricant where there is no possibility of food contact (H2) in and around food processing areas. The NSF Nonfood Compounds Registration Program is a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program, which is based on meeting regulatory requirements of appropriate use, ingredient review and labeling verification.
Chevron SRI Grease NLGI 2 delivers value through:
- Wide application range — Suitable for high rpm operation, operating temperatures ranging from -29°C to 177°C (-20°F to 350°F).
- Excellent oxidation stability — Provides exceptional bearing life at operating temperatures in the range of 93°C to 177°C (199°F to 350°F).
- Excellent rust protection — Provides exceptional rust protection as defined by ASTM D1743-73 with 5% Synthetic Sea Water.