Industrial heat transfer oil
Oil & Gas
Manufacturing & Processing
Texatherm is a proven performance highly refined, thermally stable paraffinic petroleum oil, formulated for use as an industrial heat transfer fluid for closed and open heat transfer systems with forced circulation.
- May be used in heat transfer systems in industrial drying applications, rubber and plastics manufacture, heating of asphalt and fuel oil tanks, food processing, cooking and canning, factory heating, manufacture of soap, resin, glue, dyes, paints, pharmaceuticals and grease, wood laminate, fibre board and veneer manufacture, agricultural heating and drying, and chemical, petroleum and wax processing
- Maximum bulk oil temperature - 288°C
- Maximum film temperature on heater surfaces - 316°C
- Maximum temperature of oil surface in contact with air in open systems - 107°C
- Systems must have forced circulation of the heat transfer fluid.
- Formulated to promote energy efficient heat transfer performance
- Oxidation and thermal stability helps resist harmful sludge and coke formation and contributes to long oil service life
- Low temperature fluidity assists rapid system start-up
- Low vapour pressure at elevated temperatures helps minimise evaporation, vapour lock and pump cavitation
- Efficient low pressure operation avoids the need for expensive high pressure pipe-work and heat exchanger systems
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer’s recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer’s maintenance practices